[fa icon="calendar"] 09.15.2016 / by Joseph Mendez
Being a property management professional means being a jack-of-all-trades. However, instead of being a master of none, you have to be a master of all. Quite the challenge, huh?
Here are a few free or inexpensive property management solutions that can save you time and make your job easier:
Software and Mobile Apps
There are tons of different software and mobile apps on the market for commercial landlords -- so many, it can actually be overwhelming. Here are a few different products that can help streamline everything from screening tenants to scheduling rent increases:
- TenantCloud - TenantCloud is a free cloud service with for landlords that allows you to to screen tenants, collect rent online, store rental info, manage maintenance requests and more.
- Appfolio - Appfolio is a leading property management software for commercial, multifamily and mixed portfolio property managers. It is designed to help track CAM fees, schedule rent increases, customize reports and streamline online payments.
- Maintenance Connection - Maintenance Connection is a web-based system for managing maintenance requests and costs. It was developed specifically for general facilities management and other specialized industries.
- Property Boulevard - Property Boulevard offers property management accounting, building maintenance functionality and extensive lease management capabilities. The software serves a multitude of commercial markets.
The tools mentioned above can be used to automate a significant portion of your workload and save heaps of your time.
Being a landlord means you have to be an expert at a lot of things. In order to avoid lawsuits, arguments and costly mistakes, you need to be knowledgeable about the different property laws as well as your specific market. Here are a few resources that can help you stay on top of it all:
- Landlord.com - This is a good website that all landlords and property managers should have bookmarked. It is filled with lots of useful information and other resources that property management professionals can use to be successful. Here, you can learn about landlord laws, connect with your peers via discussion board and gain access to tools, forms and other useful things.
- Getrented.org - Getrented is an online education portal that teaches landlords and property managers everything they need to know about marketing, property inspections and tax management. This is a great tool for professionals who do not have the time to attend class. At $40 for an online class, it is very affordable too.
The above websites can be great tools for staying on top of new developments and connecting with other professionals in your field.
Increase Your Knowledge and Efficiency
There are tons of mobile apps and educational resources available for property management professionals. Not only can these tools help streamline certain processes, they can actually help you become smarter. Try out a few different ones and see what works best for you!